anxiety * depression * postpartum depression (baby blues) * stress* Are you not feeling like yourself but can't put your finger on what's wrong?
* Are the joys of pregnancy being overshadowed by the worries of the future?
* Do you have so many questions about taking care of your new baby?
* Are you worried about how to to decide between breast or bottle feeding?
* Do you want to learn how to schedule your infant's naps and feedings?
If these are just some of your questions than this may be the right place for you.
For the last ten years I have seen many new mothers struggle with the transition into motherhood. As a new parent, or one that is adding to their family there are many obstacles to face. With the right support system in place the experience can be both joyous and wonderful for the whole family.
- In home assessment and consultation
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Newborn care and sleep training resources
- Postpartum relief and education
- Individual and Couple Therapy
Option A: New Baby and Breastfeeding Essentials
One and a half hour initial visit with emphasis on transitioning to motherhood, breastfeeding techniques, postpartum assessment and essential information for easy adjustment
- Forty five minutes focused on new baby care
- Forty five minutes focused on “Parenting as Partners” and not being a “Gatekeeper Mom” (focusing on you and your partner makes for a happy baby)
- Forty five minutes filled with continued breastfeeding support, scheduling your baby, sleep training and pumping and storing breast milk
Option B: The Mommy Helper
One hour initial visit assessing the transitional needs of the new mom (or refresher course) for the returning mom. Focus on baby basics: sleep, feedings, baby cues and other essentials
- Forty five minutes focused on breastfeeding support, techniques, pumping integrating bottle feedings
- Forty five minutes focused on scheduling your baby, sleep training and promoting good life-time habits
This option is a personalized plan that will be designed to fit your specific needs. This is ideal for family welcoming twins or for the new mother who would like a lot of extra nurturing and support to help her through the newborn stages
- Ideal for the mother who is dedicated to exclusive breastfeeding and wants continued support and assistance the first few months
- All topics will be covered under this option; basic baby needs, sleep training, scheduling, taking care of you and your partner and other baby essentials
Other Services: 1 Hour specialized visit